Senior Scientist for R&D project Social Mentoring (parttime)
Bertha von Suttner Private University
This job is for 15 to 20 hours a week.
Our university is setting a new focus on social mentoring programs, a rapidly growing area of social intervention
and social policy in Europe. From 2024 to 2026, we are coordinating the ERASMUS+ Cooperation Partnership
„Mentoring for Social Inclusion in Europe. Sharing Knowledge and Building Capacity“ (Ment4EU). Ment4EU works
closely with universities in Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland and Spain. We are looking for a person to assist the
Project Manager (Prof. Eberhard Raithelhuber) and to develop new research projects in the field of social
assistance and support.
- Support the Project Manager with administrative and coordination tasks (partner and stakeholder
management, process monitoring, preparation of reports, etc.).
- Collaborate in the implementation of the work packages (desk research, conceptual development,
international short courses, feedback on deliverables and working papers, dissemination of results, production
of digital and multimedia resources).
- Support the development and implementation of new research projects in the field of social intervention and
transformation (human services, community-based support, etc.).
- Depending on the scope of the employment, you will also teach in our study programs (e.g., social work,
educational science, transdisciplinary courses).
- Master’s degree or PhD in the social sciences, e.g. social work, education or related fields.
- Experience in qualitative research and data analysis (optional: interest in participatory action research and
- Interest in own academic development, preferably related to the inclusion of disadvantaged groups (e.g.
refugees, youth, minorities).
- International experience
- Advanced knowledge of English and good knowledge of German, knowledge of other languages welcome
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Experience in higher education teaching
- Ability to work independently and in a team, remotely and face-to-face
- Willingness to take responsibility and contribute your own ideas
- Willingness to travel in Europe on business trips lasting several days
At the Bertha von Suttner Private University, located on the well-equipped St. Pölten campus near Vienna, you
can expect an exciting, diverse and modern working environment in an ambitious team. We offer you a position,
limited to the 3-year project period, in which you can do pioneering work. You will enjoy numerous benefits such
as flexible working hours, options for remote working, free parking, further training and health promotion.
The minimum salary for this position is € 3277,30,- (for pre-doc) and € 4351,90,-(for post-doc) on the basis of 40
working hours, based on salary group B1 of the collective agreement for universities (14 monthly salaries).
Please send us your complete application documents with the key word BSU-Ment4EU by e-mail to the following
address: email@example.com no later than Dezember 15, 2023.
For information, contact Prof. Raithelhuber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bertha von Suttner Private University pursues an anti-discriminatory employment policy and values equal
opportunities and diversity. We look forward to receiving your application.